50 Cent Ordered to Pay $5 Million For Leaked Sex Tape [Details]
Rucuss staffJuly 11, 2015
50 Cent has to cough up a large amount of money.
The In Da Club rapper must pay $5 million for leaking Rick Ross’ baby mama’s sex tape. According to the New York Daily News, jurors deliberated for just over an hour before awarding Lastonia Leviston $2.5 million in damages for using her image without her permission. She was also awarded another $2.5 million for intentional infliction of emotional distress.
Leviston lawyer Philip Freidin argued that 50 leaked the tape online as a publicity ploy. He also wanted to diss Rick Ross, who fathered a daughter with Leviston. 50 and Ross were feuding at the time. 50 doctored the sex tape of Leviston and her former boyfriend, Maurice Murray, by superimposing his alter ego “Pimpin’ Curly” in the video, which racked up millions of views online.
In a videotaped deposition, Murray said he didn’t think he needed Leviston’s permission to use the tape because he said she was “cool with it.” Fifty never showed up to testify at the trial, and he wasn’t in court for the verdict.
Leviston’s lawyer urged the jury of four women and two men to slap 50 with a $20 million judgment for humiliating the mother of two. Next week, the jury will decide on punitive damages.
50 will more than likely appeal the decisions.
More from Rucuss
- Judge Denies 50 Cent’s Motion to Throw Out Rick Ross’ Baby Mama Lawsuit
- 50 Cent Sued By Video Vixen Sally Ferreira Over Social Media Diss
- 50 Cent Avoids Jail Time in Domestic Violence Case [Details]
- 50 Cent Settles Bankruptcy Case with $22 Million Payment [Details]
- 50 Cent Punches Female Fan, Then Invites Her Onstage to Twerk [Details]
- 50 Cent Makes Fun Of Rick Ross’ ‘Black Market’ Album Sales