50 Cent to Host BET Late Night Variety Show, Other Shows Added [Details]
Rucuss staffApril 30, 2017
50 Cent is coming to late night with his very own variety show.
BET announced that it has purchased 24 episodes of the 30-minute late night variety show “50 Central. 50 will host the series where fans can expect sketches, hidden camera pranks, musical performances, and celebrity guests on the show.
The show will be produced by G-Unit Film & Television, in collaboration with Back Roads Entertainment. 50 will also executive produce the show, along with Stephen J. Savva, Colby Gaines, and Riley Robbins.
“You are gonna love this,” 50 said. “you know I get the green light. #IGETTHEBAG.”
In addition to “50 Central,” the network has also confirmed new shows produced by Kevin Hart (“Divorce Saved My Marriage”), Steve Harvey (“Mancave”), Wanda Sykes (“Face Value”), and Chris Rock (“The Rundown with Robin Thede”).
BET is also bringing more biopics, following their “New Edition Story” success. The network has upcoming projects about Bobby Brown and Suge Knight.
The network’s CEO Debra Lee spoke on how these moves will continue to grow the company.
“BET’s global influence is stronger than ever and we are continuing to expand beyond the television screen to impact our audience – and the world – across multiple platforms,” Lee told Variety. “Some networks offer reach and some engagement, but no other network offers reach, engagement, culture, lifestyle and influence.”
Former VH1 shows, “The Breaks” and “Hit the Floor,” are moving to BET.
More from Rucuss
- 2012 MTV VMAs: Kevin Hart Rocks DSquared Calfskin and Leopard Print Tuxedo Jacket [Photos]
- Rihanna Talks Being An Icon, Grammy Win, Viva Glam, & New Music on ‘GMA’
- Comedian Kevin Hart’s Ex-Wife Attacks His Divorce Attorney! [Details]
- Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Chris Brown, Kevin Hart & More Dress up for Halloween
- Chris Brown Leaves Rehab To Give Back At Toy Drive
- Drake, Rihanna, Kevin Hart & More Hit Up the Grammy After Parties [Photos]