50 Cent Ends Beef With Oprah, Invites Her to His Grandmother’s House For OWN Interview [Video]
Rucuss staffJune 10, 2012
50 Cent has finally put his beef with Oprah to rest.
The New York rapper has made piece with Oprah and even invited the Billionaire to his Grandmother’s home for an interview for Sunday’s episode of Oprah’s Next Chapter. 50 finally put his differences aside that has dated back to 2006.
“I think she caters to older white women,” 50 told the Associated Press at the time. “Oprah’s audience is my audience’s parents. So, I could care less about Oprah or her show.”
50, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, named his dog after the media mogul. During the interview he tells Oprah why he named his Miniature Schnauzer after her.
“You know when they say a dog is a man’s best friend?” asked 50, who also has a cat named after Oprah’s best friend Gayle. “At the time, I was just looking at the situation and I was developing negative feelings for someone who doesn’t even know me. I gave it to the dog ’cause I was excited about the dog at the time.”
But 50 admits he has grown fond of the dog and Oprah throughout the years. The Street King frontman also admits to being in love during the interview, which airs tonight at 9 p.m. on OWN.
Oprah wrote on her blog about the five things that she came away with learning about Jackson during their chat. According to Oprah:
1. He meditates regularly.
2. Received his mantra from Deepak Chopra, whose book he’s currently reading.
3. He was not allowed to use curse words in his grandmother’s house and still follows that rule.
4. A recent conversation with philanthropist Ray Chambers was life changing for him.
And my favorite….
5. He believes either pray or worry…no need for both.
Watch the clips below.
More from Rucuss
- 50 Cent Settles Bankruptcy Case with $22 Million Payment [Details]
- Oprah Winfrey Doesn’t Regret Not Having Kids [Details]
- Oprah Puts Manhattan Penthouse On the Market [Photos]
- Gayle King Says Oprah is Not Blue Ivy Carter’s Godmother
- Ciara Responds to Future’s Parenting Criticism [Video]
- The Game Drags Meek Mill Over Nicki Minaj & Remy Ma Beef