50 Cent Admits He and Floyd Mayweather Not as Close as Used to Be [Details]
Rucuss staffSeptember 12, 2012
50 Cent finally comes clean about his friendship with boxer Floyd Mayweather.
A month after reports emerged that 50 and Mayweather were fighting over his close relationship with the boxer’s fiancée Shantel Jackson, the New York rapper is ready to set the record straight. 50 admitted on the Rickey Smiley Morning Show that his relationship with Mayweather hasn’t been the same since his release from jail.
“[The issues between us] really comes from … everybody around him is waiting on the next time he feels generous,” 50 said. “And I have a lot [of money], so I don’t wait for nobody. I’ll go do what I gotta do. I don’t have to sit around and wait for the next time he feels like giving somebody something.”
While not divulging too many details, 50 did reveal the beef wasn’t over women.
“Me and Floyd is always gonna be cool. He is different. [There’s been] a different side of Floyd coming out of the pen. That’s all,” 50 added.
There were reports that while Mayweather was serving a three-month sentence for domestic abuse, 50 and Shantel were allegedly sleeping together. Although 50 was there when Mayweather was released from jail, the two allegedly cut all ties with each other.
But Mayweather did support 50 at the premiere of Freelancers on August 7th. While at the movie premiere, 50 and Shantel shared a hug on the red carpet. Mayweather didn’t like what he saw and pulled Shantel away from 50. That was their last public appearance together.
This all could be a bunch of nonsence since 50 is allegedly dating Shantel’s best friend. Check out the footage from the incident below.
More from Rucuss
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Insults Nelly & Shantel Jackson During Interview, Nelly Responds
- 50 Cent Says Beef With Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Was Publicity Stunt!
- 50 Cent Dismantles ‘The Money Team,’ Renames Promotion Company [Details]
- Floyd Mayweather Denies Saying He Slept With Tiny Even Though Its On Video
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Says He’s Still Engaged To Shantel Jackson
- Nelly Clowns Floyd Mayweather For Not Graduating High School