2012 Olympics: Ryan Lochte Wins 400m IM, Wears Diamond Grill on Podium [Photos]
Rucuss staffJuly 28, 2012
Swimmer Ryan Lochte left little to the imagination in the 400-meter individual medley on Saturday.
Lochte kicked off his trek at the London Olympics winning gold in the event with a time of four minutes, 5.18 seconds. It was a blowout.
Brazil’s Thiago Pereira was second and Japanese 17-year-old Kosuke Hagino third. Phelps finished in a disappointing fourth place finish.
On the medal podium following the race, Lochte pullout his bling for the occasion. He continued his tradition of wearing a diamond-encrusted mouthpiece during the medal ceremony. His grill featured a few rows of black and white diamonds.
Lochte also took a few photos without the grill. His fixation with diamond mouthpieces goes back to at least the Beijing Games. Check out a few photos of his grills below.
And if you think his mouthpieces are flashy, check out his shoes that he’s wearing before his races in the Olympics below.
Lochte commands attention.
Photos via EW.com and TodayinLondonblog
More from Rucuss
- Couple Alert! Is Olympic Gold Medalist Ryan Lochte Dating K. Michelle? [Photos]
- Actor Mickey Rourke Says He Beat Sprinter Usain Bolt in a Street Race [Details]
- Prince Harry Beats Olympic Gold Medalist Usain Bolt in a Race [Video]
- Michael Jordan Gifted Kobe Bryant With A Complete Set Of Air Jordan’s
- Olympic Gold Medalist Sanya Richards-Ross Lands Reality Show [Details]
- 2012 Olympics: Steeple Chase Gold Medalist Ezekiel Kemboi’s Victory Dance [Video]