2012 Olympics: Gabby Douglas Wins Women’s All-Around Gymnastics Title!
Rucuss staffAugust 2, 2012
Gabby Douglas continues to shine at the Olympic Games.
A day after helping her squad win the team title, Douglas picked up another gold medal of her own. Douglas won the women’s gymnastics all-around title on Thursday. Douglas was in first after each rotation and never looked back.
The 16-year old finished with a total score of 62.232. Douglas became the first US gymnast to win both the individual all-around gold medal & the team gold in the same Olympics. It is the United States third consecutive Olympic all-around championship.
Russia’s Viktoria Komova won the silver and Aliya Mustafina won the bronze. Douglas’ teammate Aly Raisman finished fourth. Raisman tied Mustafina in scoring but lost a tiebreaker.
More from Rucuss
- 2012 Olympics: Gabby Douglas Says She’s Not Changing Her Hair, Focus on the Competition!
- Italian Gymnast’s Racist Remark: “I Need To Paint My Skin Black To Win A Medal Now”
- Hoopz Confirms Break Up With Shaq, Allegedly Over Olympic Dreams [Details]
- Olympic Gold Medalist Gabby Douglas To Grace Kellogg’s Corn Flakes’ Box
- Olympic Ring Fail at Sochi Opening Ceremony Inspires T-Shirts [Photo]
- NFL Wants Teams To Give Full-Pat Downs