2012 London Olympics: Usain Bolt Gets Custom-Made Bed For Training
Rucuss staffJuly 19, 2012
Jamaican track star Usain Bolt didn’t want to take any chances while training for the 2012 Olympics at the University of Birmingham.
After Bolt slept two days on a small bed at the University, his track coach Glen Mills was dissatisfied with the size of the beds and ordered a special bed for Bolt and six of Jamaica’s other large athletes. The runners each received a custom-built 7-foot mattress on Tuesday, the UK Telegraph reports.
“Coach Mills wanted the bed made as a precaution so Usain was as comfortable as possible,”Zena Wooldridge, the director of sport at the University of Birmingham, said. “We used a bed company to supply us with half a dozen 7ft beds for some other athletes so they made us the new mattress.”
Bolt is sleeping on the new mattress to avoid suffering a recurrence of the back and hamstring injuries which disrupted his planning for the olympics. He had to withdraw from the Grand Prix in Monaco today after complaining of tightness in his hamstring.
Bolt is the defending Olympic champion in the 100 and 200 meters. But many are doubtful that Bolt will be able to repeat because of issues with his back. His teammate Yohan Blake beat him in both events at the Jamaican Olympic trials last month.
Photo via Yahoo
More from Rucuss
- Actor Mickey Rourke Says He Beat Sprinter Usain Bolt in a Street Race [Details]
- Prince Harry Beats Olympic Gold Medalist Usain Bolt in a Race [Video]
- Usain Bolt Accused Of Cheating On Girlfriend Kasi Bennett After Photos Surface
- Usain Bolt Parties at London Nightclub, Leaves With Mystery Woman [Photos]
- 2012 Olympics: Greek Triple Jumper Removed From Olympics After Racist Twitter Comment
- Usain Bolt Goes Blonde For Saturday Night Live [Photo/Video]