2012 Grammys: Check Out Nicki Minaj’s Controversial Performance [Video]
Rucuss staffFebruary 13, 2012
Nicki Minaj wanted to be the center of attention Sunday night.
And the rapper got her wish at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards at the Staple Center. Nicki turned heads as soon as she jumped out of her limousine. She wore a red Versace cape lined in black beads, red satin gloves and a blonde wig. With a man dressed in a Pope costume in tow, she looked like she was coming from church.
Little did we know, that was just the beginning of Nicki’s antics. The rapper performed a musical towards the end of the show. It was truly over the top. It made one of Madonna’s ‘Like A Prayer’ performances seem like a Disney video.
There was fire. Men dressed like priests gyrating on stage. Then, an exorcism. Oh, and let’s not forget Minaj levitating. Many, clearly, stared at their televisions wondering what in the hell they were watching.
All the hoopla was to debut Nicki’s newest single “Roman Holiday.” If you missed the video or pictures from the event, check them out below.
There’s a fine line between creativity and hoopla because you can. The performance was ahrd to follow, especally witht he minute and a half “mini movie” she showed and then switched into levitation and holy water for the on stage performance.
Check out her performance below.
More from Rucuss
- Kodak Black: ‘Lil Wayne Can Eat My Ass’ [Details]
- Safaree Talks Nicki Minaj Breakup, Remy Ma, & Meek Mill on ‘Wendy’ [Video]
- Nicki Minaj Stops By Today Show, Performs Starships [Video]
- Oprah, Prince, Nicki Minaj, Blake Lively, Jessica Alba & More Attend Versace For H&M Launch (Photos & Video)
- Nicki Minaj VMA Outfit: Ronald McDonald, Bus Driver or Sexy Rapper? [Photos]
- Nicki Minaj Announces She’s Single, Meek Mill Shades Her On Instagram