15 Of Nelson Mandela’s Most Inspiring Quotes
Rucuss staffDecember 5, 2013
Former South African President and anti-apartheid leader Nelson Mandela has died from complications related to a recurring lung infection. He was 95.
Mandela was surrounded by his friends and family at his bed on Thursday. South African President Jacob Zuma announced his death in a televised address to the nation.
Mandela was elected South Africa’s first black president in 1994, after spending 27 years in prison for his role as a leader in South Africa’s anti-apartheid movement. He served as president for five years, until retiring in 1999,
For his part in ending apartheid, Mandela was awarded the US Presidential Medal of Freedom and the 1993 Nobel Peace Prize, among many others.
BuzzFeed.com has compiled the top 15 Most Inspiring Quotes of Mandela. Check them out below.
More from Rucuss
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- R. Kelly Performs Tribute To Nelson Mandela On ‘Arsenio’ [Video]
- Say What: Brandy Performs To An Empty Stadium in South Africa?!
- President Obama Takes ‘Selfie’ During Mandela Memorial, Michelle Not Pleased
- Mandela Interpreter Was Charged With Murder, Rape & Kidnapping [Details]
- WTF! 8-Year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Mother of Five [Details]