10 Beauty Mistakes that Turn Men & Women Off [Details]
Rucuss staffNovember 25, 2012
Most women will admit that there are certain things they can’t stand about men’s grooming.
It can be as simple as their cologne to their eyebrows. But quite frankly, it sometimes annoys a woman to death. But it actually goes both ways. Men can’t stand a few things that women to either.
For starters, men hate a lot of eye makeup. They don’t agree with some of our choices in perfume, skin-care products and hairstyles. With a little help from RealBeauty.com and Yahoo’s The Thread, the two sites put together lists for men and women.
10 Mistakes that Turn Men Off via RealBeauty:
“The raccoon-eye makeup look à la Taylor Momsen is a big turnoff for me. All that eye shadow and eyeliner makes it look like she doesn’t know how to use makeup, like a little girl.” – Lawrence, 22
“I don’t like when I can see a girl’s foundation at her neckline. It makes me wonder why she doesn’t like the way her face looks naturally, and it’s clear she wears a lot of makeup. Or at least it’s clear that she can’t blend her makeup into her neck so that it’s not obvious.” – Alex, 31
Blinding Pearly Whites
“Overly-white teeth are a turnoff for me. I know you bleached them, and it looks synthetic and unnatural. In fact, I think it makes a woman’s face look harsh.” -Brian, 42
“I’m not a fan of sticky lip gloss. When I kiss her it feels like she’s got honey smeared on her lips. Plus, I don’t want to wear her lip gloss after we kiss.” -Geoff, 23
A Jersey Shore Hairstyle
“The Snooki poof is not an attractive look. Overall I’d say avoid any look that makes your head seem like it’s cone-shaped.” -Brian, 42
“When a girl wears a ton of perfume, I feel like I can’t breathe. If I can’t taste my drink because all I can smell is whatever scent you’re wearing, I’m probably not going to ask for your number.” – Peter, 22
Cat Woman Nails
“I really dislike super-long nails. They look so unnatural and cat-like. And when a girl taps them when she gets impatient, that makes it even worse.” – Lawrence, 22
“I knew a woman who would draw a fake beauty mark on her face whenever we would go out. It’s just obviously unnatural, and no guy is going to be into it when your beauty mark washes off in the rain.” – Bryce, 23
“I hate when girls go out of their way to be overly tan, especially if they didn’t need it in the first place. Healthy, natural skin is far more attractive.” -Addison, 19
“I dated a woman who would get really stressed out every time she didn’t shave her legs for a day or two, and insist that I wouldn’t like her as much. To be honest, I’m still going to think you’re hot even if you go one day without shaving your legs, but if you keep declaring that that I’m not into you, I’m going to start wondering why I am in the first place.” -Michael, 42
10 Mistakes that Turn Women Off via Yahoo The Thread:
1. Long, dirty toe nails. Or, as one Threader called it, “Hobbit feet.” I love that. It’s true. Guys, you don’t have to sit for a pedicure, but there’s no excuse for claws filled with dirt.
2. Hair where it shouldn’t be. Nose hair was the number-one complaint with ear hair a close second. “Why is it so hard to buy a trimmer and a mirror?” asked a completely reasonable Threader. We don’t have the answer.
3. Mouth madness. This is just basics. We’re brushing, flossing, and whitening, but certain guys seem to think they can get away with “yuck mouth,” as a Threader called it. Not true.
4. Unattractive smells. This can mean not showering often enough or not embracing deodorant. This is also related to #3 (see above).
5. Eyebrow issues. Either overgrown or over plucked. We don’t want unruly, caveman hairs, but we also don’t want you to look more sculpted than we do.
6. Too much cologne. If everything you touch starts to smell like your medicine cabinet, that’s not good.
7. Too much waxing. There’s grooming and then there’s grooming. No one wants to feel like they’re with a newborn.
8. Dry, cracked heels. You can put lotion on them, you know.
9. Hair that never moves. If your hair is as hard as a car door, you’ve got to rethink your products.
10. Letting your blackheads live on. Everyone has zits, especially in the hot and sweaty summer. But, jeez, if you have blackheads on your face, deal with them or book a facial where someone else will.
More from Rucuss
- Fall’s Top 10 New Makeup and Skincare Products
- Say What: White Model Poses as a African Queen in Fashion Editorial [Photos]
- Woman Turns Her Nails Into Actual Works Of Art [Photos]
- Rihanna Signs Deal For New Make Up Line [Details]
- 15 Nighttime Beauty Products That Make You Look Better [Details]
- Sephora Family and Friends 2011